Thank you for all your support during our recent Ofsted inspection on Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st January. We have now received the final report from OFSTED, which will be published on the OFSTED website on Monday March 12th. We are however, allowed to inform parents and carers of the outcome in advance and have therefore posted a copy of the report on our school website – following the link below:-
The grades that can be awarded are Outstanding (1), Good (2), Requires Improvement (3) or Inadequate (4). In recent years the term ‘Requires Improvement’ has replaced the previous grading of ‘Satisfactory’ in OFSTED inspections. Previously the school was judged as ’Good’ in June 2013. However, in this recent inspection, the school was judged overall to be within the category of ‘Requires Improvement’ (3).
Having said that, the inspectors found much strength within the school and were satisfied that the school is making progress towards ensuring high quality teaching and learning for the children of The Linden Academy.
Some highlights of the report include;
- New leaders have quickly identified, implemented and reviewed systems in the school to secure more rigorous checking and evaluating of the school’s performance.
- PE is taught effectively at The Linden Academy. Pupils demonstrate proficiency in their PE skills from an early age and apply this to all aspects of the PE curriculum
- Reading for enjoyment is encouraged well…the profile of reading has been raised in the school.
- Pupils are all very secure … in their belief that all adults are there to hear their concerns and they all feel that they could approach any adult in school with a concern and know it would be dealt with.
- In Early Years children feel safe and are happy to come to school.
Although this is obviously very disappointing for all members of the school community, we recognise and agree with the overall judgement, which reinforces the direction of travel and action plans we have already identified and have in place. The school will respond to the report, working with you to continue with our plans to further enhance the quality of provision at the school, particularly around our core business of teaching and learning. We know in ourselves that The Linden Academy is a great school and we have already identified the areas that Ofsted highlighted as areas for improvement within our Post Ofsted Action plan which is already well underway with the support of all those in The Shared Learning Trust.
With the publication of the report, now is the time to look forward and continue to address the issues that you as parents are most concerned about – that is ensuring that the children of The Linden Academy receive the high quality education that they deserve in a safe environment where all children are supported to reach their potential. We hope that you as parents will continue to support us with this aim.
Update 15th March 2018
The Linden Academy Post Ofsted Action Plan
Following our most recent Ofsted Report published earlier this week - we have produced a detailed plan which earmarks the journey we are now on toward rapid school development.
So as to keep you informed at every opportunity we have posted a copy of our action plan:
Please take time to read through our plans. As always, we welcome your comments and thoughts - and most importantly your support - as we all work together to ensure the children in our care receive the best education.